Immigration Solicitors London

Est. 2002

+44 (0)20 7038 3980

RLegal Solicitors, 162-168 Regent Street London W1B 5TG

RLegal is regulated by the SRA, Reg No: 00380691

Individuals admitted to, or permitted to stay in, the UK as the spouse, civil, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person settled in the UK who are themselves a victim of domestic violence may be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain if their relationship has broken down and they can supply corroborative evidence.


This category recognises that individuals should not be penalised nor feel obligated to remain in an abusive relationship.


We understand that this is a very sensitive issue. RLegal will guide you through the evidential requirements and assist you from start to finish with your application.


For more information, please contact us on +44 (0) 207 038 3980 where you can talk to one of our team, email us on or complete our online enquiry form.


Alternatively click on the links below for frequently asked questions.

Victims of domestic violence must satisfy the following criteria:


- they must have been admitted to the UK or granted an extension of stay as a spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner; and

- produce evidence that the relationship has permanently broken down and that they are the victim of domestic violence.


Applicants can evidence their claim from a range of sources which will depend on the individual circumstances of the case. Applicants can also approach the Home Office to access social security payments if necessary.

Comprehensive legal advice.


Ensuring your application meets the legal requirements.


Assistance with compiling the evidence required for this category.


Completion and submission of all forms.


Booking a biometric appointment.


Ongoing liaison with the authorities where possible.


If you would like to discuss our domestic violence visa category services in more detail, please contact us on +44 (0)20 7038 3980, email us at or use our online enquiry form.

Ask Us

Interested in our services? Complete the form below and one of our solicitors will contact you.